Beneficial owner analysis: who is on your share registry and why it matters.
Factors to Consider
- The owners of your stock do not typically make the investment decisions – this is outsourced to specialist investment managers.
- Most institutions hold their investments via one or more nominee companies.
- Do you know how many institutions are really on your register and what % they hold?
- How accurate is anecdotal information provided to you by brokers and investors?
- Substantial holder notices (+5%) don’t always tell the full story.
- Few institutions “flag” their buying intentions.
- Corporate raiders can accumulate positions across a number of nominee entities.
Why identify institutions on your register?
- Establish a relationship with your major shareholders.
- Target accurately potential new investors by knowing who is not there.
- Know who to invite to Results Briefings.
- Proactively manage investor contact at times of major announcements.
- Know who holds votes on major resolutions and who to call.
Transaction Specific Investor Tracking Reports
- Ownership analysis for secondary equity raisings (placements, institutional entitlements, rights issues).
- Institutional vote solicitation and custodial holder vote tracking and tracing.
- Ownership analysis for investment banks of M&A targets.
- Activist shareholder campaigns (acting for both investors and ASX-listed clientele).
Please log in and click on Investor Tracking for more information or to order a report.